Thursday, August 4, 2011

Silver Boomer Books Call for Submissions on Widowhood

This morning I received an e-mail from Becky Haigler, one of the principals at Silver Boomer Books, announcing a call for anthology submissions.



The editors are looking for stories, essays, poems, and interviews on the theme of Widowhood for the anthology.


Short works, especially poetry, are favored. Their emphasis is on "quality rather than quantity."


The submission period opens December 1, 2011 and closes March 30, 2012.


Writers whose works are selected will be notified in August 2012.


Expected release date is October 2012.


For complete details, visit the Silver Boomer Books submission page.


Through the grace of God my husband is still alive, so I don't have anything to submit for this anthology, but I thought some of my visitors might be widows or have something to write about on the topic.


Good luck if you submit, and God bless you if you are a widow.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, and one with such a long lead time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia,
    You're welcome and so right about the long lead time.
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I have (fortunately) no pesonal experience, but my mom sure did!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this info, Donna. Will pass it along if I run across anyone who'd be interested.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see this anthology being a huge source of comfort. And you passed along the info with such gentleness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat,
    Thanks.

    Hi Karen,
    Please do, and thank you.

    Hi Tammy,
    I agree about this anthology being a source of comfort, and thank you.

    donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...