Saturday, August 20, 2011

Coming Attractions from Lonnie Whitaker and David Lee Kirkland

I had planned to post these coming attractions yesterday, but like most people, life seems to get in the way when I'm making plans. My grandson only had half a day of school yesterday and invited a friend over, so my day was busy, but lots of fun! On to my Announcements:




The Early Bird Gets the . . . Radio Appearance




Last Friday I interviewed Jill Sheets from radio station KOPN in Columbia. During her interview Jill invited writers to contact her if they wanted to appear on her radio program.



I'm happy to announce that one of my blog followers and writing pals took advantage of Jill's offer. Lonnie Whitaker, Mizzou alum, lawyer, and author of GEESE TO A POOR MARKET, e-mailed earlier this week and thanked me for the information about Jill's program. He wrote that he will be interviewed on Jill's show on Friday, August 26. Not one to let grass grow under his feet, Lonnie will also be speaking at the Rotary Club in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in October during the week of the Ozarks Creative Writers Conference. Way to go, Lonnie!



Free Admission Festival

Earlier this week I received an e-mail from my long-time writing friend, fiddle player, and wearer of kilts, David Lee "Kirk" Kirkland David is author of THE LAST DARK ELF, TANKA MOMENTS, GOD'S THREE STEP PLAN, and an award-winning short story collection. In his e-mail he told me about The International Festival of Nations August 27-28 at Tower Grove Park in St. Louis.

No matter what your ethnicity or background, this International Festival of Nations has something for you from Irish dancers, Bollywood Shuffle dancers from India, Flamenco dancers from the St. Louis Spanish Cultural Society, American Folk and Blues players--and lots more. Here's the schedule if you want to check it out.

That's all for today. Check back next week when I'll have some strange news to share from across the Mississippi River in the Land of Lincoln.

6 comments:

  1. You make a good case for social networking! It works! I bet it also makes you feel good to know that what you're doing here is relevant and appreciated, and does affect others. In this case, you are aware of how something you've done has positively impacted other people. Imagine all the wonderful things you don't know about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Awww. Thanks for your kind words. It is gratifying when I hear about writers who've benefitted from one of my posts.
    And you also have great resources on your blog that I know writers have benefitted from after visiting.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't say it any better than Lisa did. She's right. There are undoubtedly scads of writers who have taken advantgage of your tips and your submission information.

    Thanks for your wonderful posts, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sioux,
    Thanks, and back at ya!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, ditto all over again. I always feel like I've won a door prize after I've visited your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun. I love fiddles and Irish dancers.

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...