DEADLINE: November 1, 2011 (Postmarked)
Word Limit: 2011 (as in the year 2011)
Prizes: 1st place: $100, 2nd place: $50, 3rd place: $25 (4th through 6th places receive certificates.)
Entry fee: $7 per story, Maximum of three entries per person (separate fee for each entry, but may be included in one check)
(Discount fee for members of Saturday Writers, the Missouri Writers' Guild, or chapters of the Missouri Writers' Guild - $5 per story.)
*Checks payable to Saturday Writers
* Short stories only (no poems, essays or articles)
* No pornography or gore
* Must be written in English
* Entry must be unpublished at time of submission and the original work of the contestant (unpublished includes not published on a blog or other internet site)
* Contestants retain all rights to their stories
* Standard manuscript format: 8 1/2 x 11 paper
* Send two copies of each entry
* Typed and double-spaced on one side of the paper
* Pages numbered, title of entry on every page on entry
* Attach a separate cover sheet and include: story title, name, address, e-mail, phone number, and MWG chapter name (if applicable)
* Do NOT send by certified mail!
* Mail fee and two copies of each entry, flat, not folded, by November 1, 2011 to:
* Winners' names will be announced during the December Saturday Writers meeting.
* Certificates and prizes will be mailed by the end of December 2011.