Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekend Author Events - Muddy River Crime Writers and Kelly O'Connor McNees

If you live in or around St. Charles County, Missouri, this Saturday has some special writing events to keep you busy.

Paul Schmit and Bill Mueller, two members of my Coffee and Critique writers' group that meets on Tuesdays at the Rendezvous Cafe and Wine Bar in O'Fallon, MO, will be talking about writing at the Middendorf-Kredell Branch Library at 2750 Highway K in O'Fallon on Saturday.



Paul and Bill are two-thirds of the Muddy Rivers Crime Writers, which also includes Jo Hiestand, another local writer. The trio will talk on Saturday, June 25, at Middendorf-Kredell from 1:00 p.m. till 2:00 p.m. They will discuss writing, what got them started, how they work, and how to get published.



Here are more details about their library presentation. Wish I could be there, but my schedule is full on Saturday, but I'll be rooting that the guys have a gangbuster time!

Earlier in the day, the Saturday Writers Chapter of the Missouri Writers' Guild hosts Chicago-area writer Kelly O'Connor McNees at its monthly meeting on June 25 from 11 a.m. till 1 p.m. at the St. Peters Cultural Arts in St. Peters City Hall.



Kelly's debut novel, The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott, (see the lovely cover at left) is steeped in period details and biographical fact. Kelly will talk about writing historical fiction, research, and revision. Her enchanting book will be available for sale, courtesy of Vicky Erwin at Main Street Books in St. Charles.



Hope to see you there!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Donna! I just blogged briefly about Kelly on my blog, too...and the Saturday Writers blog, of course. I didn't know about Paul and Bill's presentation at the library. They could actually attend most of our meeting first, and then head on over there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That IS a lovely cover, I agree! It's the paperback edition cover, which came out recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,

    Bill and Paul announced their event for the past few weeks at C&C. Last Tuesday I promised to post about it on my blog. I imagine they will be setting up for their presentation beforehand, but it would be cool if they could make both events.

    The Mid Rivers News mentioned Kelly's presentation in yesterday's paper--that's what reminded me to include it in my post today.

    Hope with all the reminders about Kelly and the guys there will be great turnouts at both events!

    See you tomorrow--as always I'm looking forward to your fabulous door prizes. ;-)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many "goodies" occuring in your part of the world!

    Thanks for tips yesterday. I had been told a blog was considered published so I am glad to hear otherwise. I will go with Lou's words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bookie,

    You are welcome.

    If you want to double-check to make sure I haven't misquoted Lou, e-mail her before your submit to Voices--if that's what you're planning to do.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. St. Charles sounds very literary this weekend. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary,
    We do, don't we.
    Hope to see you at SW tomorrow.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to be a busy weekend in your area. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol,
    Thanks. And I'll be listening for those sounds of summer you posted about on your blog!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...