Friday, August 20, 2010

A Celebration and An Award


My posts haven't been regular this week because I've been:
a.) Getting the grandkiddos ready for back to school (physicals, hair cuts, shopping)
b.) Working on two deadlines (book review, interview)
c. ) Too darned tired
Now that the grandkiddos are back full time and my deadlines have been met, I am celebrating my sense of relaxation. Let's see. I'm drinking a cup of tea, surfing the web trying to find a special necklace for Cari's 16th birthday next week, thinking about my doctor's appointment, and taking the Scarlett O'Hara approach to where to start with housework. "Tomorrow's another day."
Now for the award. Back on Coast Guard Day (Aug 2), Carol over at Under the Tiki Hut gave me a Circle of Friends award. Thanks, Carol, for the cool award. I've been saving it for a special day to share with five blogger buddies. In exchange for receiving this awesome award, I've been asked to:
Pass the link to five other bloggers.
Post a link from their blog to mine.
Notify them that they have received the award.
So, here are my five selections for The Circle of Friend Award:
Sioux at Sioux's Page
Now, I need to notify them that they have received the award and ask them to pass it along.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Stay cool, and take time to write.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you Donna, for the special award. I am excited for I needed that today. But, now I have to learn how to connect it and the information to my blog.

    Mary Nida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna! :) I'll get right on it. Passing this award on to my blogging buddies will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always a huge burst right before school starts and it takes a little time for things to settle and get back to normal. I've been there, too, the last few weeks and understand exactly what you are talking about! Glad things are settling down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Donna! I'm honored!! I like that Scarlett O'Hara approach to housework, by the way, though I'm partial to the Rhett Butler approach myself(Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, Madeline, and Tammy,
    You are most welcome.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,
    It is a busy time, but a happy time, too. Now, let the homework begin.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all the winners! And I, too, love both Rhett's and Scarlet's views of the world!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...