Thursday, March 5, 2009
March Madness in Missouri
**Today's forecast for St. Peters, MO: This afternoon it will be windy, high 69 degrees. Take off your jackets and hold on to your hats!
Here's a special announcement from MWG Conference Publicity Chair, Margo Dill Balinski, to members of Saturday Wriers and any other interested writers:
"During March Madness, the Missouri Writers’ Guild is making the following offers for the 94th Annual Conference in Cape Girardeau:
1. Calling all College Students: If you are currently enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university, you can attend the MWG conference for $139, which is a savings of $30 off the current price.
2. Saturday Only price: We’ve had several requests about attending the MWG conference on Saturday only. So, we are offering pricing just for Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. (includes lunch). The prices are $109 for MWG members, $119 for chapter members, and $129 for non-members.
3. Deals on Master’s Classes and the Banquet: FOR ONE WEEK ONLY From March 9 to March 16, you can sign up for a master’s class for $10 off ($55.00) or for the banquet for $5 off ($20).
4. More Deals on Master’s Classes and the Banquet: If you add a Sunday Class or the awards' banquet to your registration from March 17 to April 2, you will get a $5.00 off coupon for the conference book store when you check in at registration on Friday night. (If you are only attending a Sunday class, this will not apply because the book store is only open on Friday night and Saturday until the banquet.)
5. If you live in the St. Louis area and can attend the SLWG meeting on Saturday. . .Barri Bumgarner, MWG board member, has been invited by the St. Louis Writers' Guild to share a program and information about the conference. If you register on that day and pay Barri in cash or check to the MWG, you will save! We are basically offering early bird pricing on that day only if you attend Barri's talk and pay that day. If you need more information about this, you can e-mail me at email@example.com
Check the MWG conference website for more information: www.mwgconference.org, call Margo at 217-714-8582, or e-mail Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you there!
Margo Dill Balinski"
I'm going to the conference on Friday and Saturday, so I hope to see you there, too!
Several weeks ago, Jane Hale, president of Ozark Writers, Inc., forwarded names of contributors to Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V, who a...
St. Louis Civil War Roundtable On the last day of November, I accompanied my writing friend and critique group member, Pat Wahler, acr...
Boonville author Judy Stock, editor and publisher of the Rock Springs Review , has recently announced she is accepting manuscripts for an an...
As I reflect on my role as contest chair for the 2016 OCW contests, I've learned a few lessons. It was rewarding, and at times challe...