Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Submission Opportunity from Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels in our Midst

Do you believe in angels? I do.

I love hearing stories about angels and seeing them depicted in artwork, like the statues on the left.

Last month I visited the Shrine of St. Joseph in St. Louis, the site of an official Vatican-sanctioned miracle. This photo is of the front altar--the altar of answered prayers.

I thought it would be fitting to use this photo to accompany this post about a submission call out from the editors of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels in our Midst.

The editors are looking for "101 miraculous stories of faith, divine intervention, and answered prayers."

Have you been visited by an angel?

Had prayers answered by an angel?

Received divine protection from an angel or guardian angel?

Witnessed a miraculous recovery?

Received news or a warning from an angel?

If so, you could have your true story or poem published in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels in our Midst.

The editors want stories of "true wonder and awe from people who have directly encountered or received help from angels."

They do not want stories about "people who are angels because they do nice things or eulogies about loved ones who have died and are now angels."

Submission deadline is May 15, 2014

Expected publication date is October 2014.

Authors whose stories are selected will receive $200 and 10 free copies of the anthology.

For complete submission guidelines, including word counts and other details, visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website.

Good luck!

10 comments:

  1. I have never been part of a miracle, but I do believe they are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna--Okay, are YOU sending in a story (or two)? Do you have any angel tales to tell?

    (Inquiring minds want to know...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a story I am thinking about writing.
      How about you? I bet you have some angel stories.

      Delete
  3. Thx for the info Donna. I will pass it along. Angels are real beings, all right! Encounters with them are not something I've experienced often but I believe I have met one or two. Thx for reminding me of those extraordinary circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna. Thanks for the heads-up. A few of my Colorado friends have been published in Chicken Soup books. All of the collections are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcia,
    You are welcome. I bet you have met one or two--and you have been one to others yourself!

    Hi Patricia,
    You Colorado writers are a talented group! It's not surprising many of your Colorado friends are in the Chicken Soup books! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, thanks for posting our story call out. We are excited about reading your stories and the stories from your followers. Our first book about angels did really well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this, Donna. What an interesting topic! I'd love to read these witness accounts.

    I'll check out the link. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi CS Editor,
    You are welcome. I love reading stories about angels.

    Hi Janette,
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter and have a glorious week!

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...