Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Call for Submissions: A Shaker of Margaritas: That Mysterious Woman


For all you mystery writers out there, here's a paid submission opportunity from Linda Fisher, publisher of Mozark Press.  

Mozark Press is seeking short mystery fiction for the popular Shaker of Margaritas series. 

This issue is called A Shaker of Margaritas: That Mysterious Woman

For this anthology, the editors are looking for mysteries with female protagonists. 

Send them your cozies, soft-boiled mysteries, suspenseful tales, capers, or whodunits with a strong emphasis on character, plot -- but most of all good old-fashioned storytelling.

Submission deadline: July 25, 2014

Word Count: Between 2,000 and 3,500 

Approximately 20-25 stories will be selected for the anthology
Previously unpublished work only
One entry per person
No poetry
Keep it clean - PG stories only

Upon publication, authors will be paid $20 


Authors whose work appears in the book will be given a one-time opportunity to pre-purchase books at 60% of retail price + postage.

Author will receive one free copy of the book with his/her story in it -- if author pre-purchases a minimum of one additional copy at the author’s discount.

Electronic submissions only

E-mail to publisher@Mozarkpress.com with subject line: "That Mysterious Woman"

Click here for the complete submission guidelines and publisher's tips for success.

From personal experience, I can attest that Linda is a thorough editor who does a top-notch job with any project she is involved.

Good luck if you submit! 

13 comments:

  1. Donna--I got an email from Linda, and printed off copies for the WWWPs, who will be meeting tonight.

    Are you going to submit a story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sioux,
      Not sure if I'll submit. It depends if I can finish something by July. I'm a slow writer--hey, that reminds me of a Foghat song.

      Good luck to you and the WWWPs. I have no doubts you all will do well with stories for the anthology!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I have never done anything close to a mystery. I wonder if I could????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got just the story for this one---been floating around in my mind for awhile. Now I just have to write it and get it submitted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a mystery writer, but I suppose it's good to try new things.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I agree, Donna. Linda does a great job with these anthologies! My brain's so immersed in children's writing right now, I'm not sure I could think up something adult. Do you think she'd go for a protagonist in pigtails??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat,
    With your talent, you can write anything!

    Hi Cathy,
    She might like a protagonist in pigtails. Wishing you luck with your children's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the info! This is one thing I appreciate about the writing community - sharing goodies like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    You are right. So many fellow writers share opportunities with others. It's gratifying to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be challenge for me. I like trying new things though. Maybe. And Linda is one of the best editors around.

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Sarah Angleton, the Practical Historian

For the past few years, Sarah Angleton has been a valued member of Coffee and Critique, where she has shared her stories, wit, and wisdo...