Twentysomethingreads is a website created for readers in their twenties, defined as, “A decade. A state of mind. An age. A lifestyle. A time for self-discovery. A new perspective. An attitude. A philosophy. Independence. Freedom. A time to re-discover reading for pleasure - and FINALLY - read what you want.”
Disclosure: I have been a book reviewer for Bookreporter for more than five years, and I'm thrilled to share this information with my blog visitors.
Here are some of features of the new Twentysomethingreads site:
• Curated Bookshelf Collections --- 20 themed titles perfect for twentysomethings. Now Live: Great International Mysteries, Spring Break Suggested Titles, Cookbooks to Get You Started and Book Club Suggestions. Themed bookshelves will be part of each update.
• Contests : right now a chance to win all the Spring Break Bookshelf titles in a contest valued at more than $450 and a Hunger Games Contest with movie tie-in titles from The Hunger Games including a collector’s edition, The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, The Tributes Guide, and The Hunger Games movie tie-in edition.
• 20 Days of The Hunger Games --- in anticipation of the upcoming film release, there will be a special blog series starting on March 3rd , with 20 blogs to countdown to til this highly anticipated movie’s release.
• Booksellers’ Picks --- featuring reading recommendations for readers in their 20s, booksellers from around the country will be making suggestions as to what books to read.
* A featured author on the site is Lisa Lutz, whose latest novel, TRAIL OF THE SPELLMANS, I reviewed on Bookreporter. You can read my interview with Lisa Lutz here.
* Librarian Picks --- featuring reading recommendations for readers in their 20s, librarians from around the country will be making suggestions as to what books to read.
• Bookstore Tour --- this article series will highlight indie bookstores in the United States, from coast-to-coast, beginning with Bookstores in New York City.
• 20 Over 30 --- authors over the age of 30 will make reading recommendations, suggesting which book of theirs to start with, what book they would recommend to readers in their 20s, and what book they’re reading.
• 20 Questions: A Day in the Life of… --- This blog series will follow the writing --- and living --- habits of authors, as they answer a questionnaire about what it’s like to be them for a day.
Hope you'll check out the new Twentysomethingreads site. Even if you're WAY over 20, as I am, you're never too old to enjoy some of the books you'll find there.