Friday, December 5, 2008

We Have A Winner


Today's weather forecast for St. Peters: Partly cloudy, high 31 degrees. It was 14 degrees when I was out and about at 7 a.m.

Thanks to everyone who entered the "Santa Wore Cowboy Boots" contest for a copy of the book, A Cup of Comfort for Women. The name selected at random was
Drum roll, please . . .
Pat Wahler of Missouri.

In Pat's e-mail entry, she also shared this charming Christmas memory:
"As a kid, even after I'd grown too old to "believe", there was something about lying in bed on Christmas Eve. You could almost hear the sleighbells and feel the magic. It was a time that suspended logic and dared me to dream the impossible. And I must admit that all these decades later, Christmas still affects me the same way!"


And thanks to everyone who entered by e-mail, the kind-hearted Anonymous writer who posted a comment about the book on Monday's blog, and to Tricia Grissom who continues to spread the word about writing, contests, submission opportunities, and other great stuff on the Coffee and Critique blog.


Until Monday, have a great weekend, stay warm, and take time to write.

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!! My lucky day!
    Thanks, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna,

    I'm just now posting about the COC Book of Christmas Prayer. I'm sure you already know about it, but just in case you don't, you can get the details at my place :-) I'm sure you'd be a shoo-in!

    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot. I meant to get my email in but I couldn't think of a Christmas memory to include and I procrastinated. Congrats, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat,
    Congratulations!
    Cathy,
    I will visit your blog and check out the Christmas Prayer. Thanks for telling me about it.
    Tricia,
    I'll have another contest next month, so stay tuned.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...