Monday, June 18, 2012

Call for Anthology Submissions: Fantasy and Science Fiction Short Story Contest in Honor of Ray Bradbury

StoneThread Publishing has announced a Fantasy and Science Fiction Short Story Contest to create an anthology in honor of esteemed author Ray Bradbury, who passed away on June 6, 2012.

The following summarizes contest guidelines and prizes. (Visit the publisher's site for complete details.)  

* No entry or reading fee
* Deadline July 31, 2012
* Previously unpublished fantasy or sociological SF works only (details on contest site)
* Word range: 1,500-15,000

Prizes:
* All winning entries will be included in the anthology
* Winners will receive a free copy of the anthology, plus
* First Place: $50
* Second through Sixth Places: $20
* Honorable Mentions: $10

** To read the complete details and the fine print, including assignment and limitation of rights, visit the StoneThread Publishing site.

(Thanks to my my long-time writing friend Julie Earhart-Cracchiolio for forwarding the e-mail announcing this contest.)

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could write sci-fi!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my style, but thanks for the tip. You never know. Someday...I might feel like leaving my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat and Val,
    Not my thing either, but I figured someone might want to give it a try. And I would step out of my comfort zone, but it's hot outside.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...