Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ask the Authors at Kisker Branch Library in St. Charles

This Saturday, October 23, from 11:00 a.m. till 12:30 p.m. I'll be one of the authors featured in an "Ask the Authors" event at the Kisker Road Branch Library, 1000 Kisker Road in St. Charles.

I'm not sure what to expect. It's been described as being similar to speed dating (I've seen that on TV), except participants will talk about books and writing. On the promotional materials I'm listed as an article writer and my last name is misspelled, but that's okay--I can talk about writing articles, essays, and short stories, as well as editing, book reviewing.

Here is a list of participating writers: Dakota Banks, Bobbi Smith, Wilfred Bereswill, Bill Mueller, Lou Turner, Alice Muscany, Sarah Whitney, Nick Nixon, Fedora Amis, Judy Moresi, and Donna Volkenannt (me),

Authors have been asked to bring books to sell. I have a few copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Gift of Christmas, which has my essay "Unexpected Joy." I'll also bring along copies of A Cup of Comfort for Military Families with "Welcome Home," and maybe a few other anthologies which contain my essays and stories.

Even if no one buys any books with my essays in them, it will be an opportunity to meet readers and writers, so I'm looking forward to participating. To read more about this event and others at the St. Charles City-County Library, visit their website http://www.youranswerplace.org/

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, Donna. When writers get to hang out with other writers and readers, a good time is usually had by all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the local library. There is a small one where my folks live that I love to visit. Kudos for participating and hope you make a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,
    Knock 'em for a loop with your knowledge. This soundds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...