Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day

Today's forecast for St. Peters, MO: Chance of thunderstorms, high 80 degrees. I hope the rain and predicted thunderstorms don't dampen the holiday enthusiasm--or fireworks celebrations!

From the middle of America, in the "Show Me" State of Missouri, I wish you all a safe and happy Independence Day.

While you are enjoying yourself on this Fourth of July, take time to remember those who have made our country so great. If you cherish your freedom, thank a vet. If you want your children and grandchildren to enjoy the same freedoms, thank a member of our armed forces who nobly serve our country.

1 comment:

  1. We do have a wonderful country, and considering its still in its pre-teen years---compared to other countries---I think we've got a lot of things right. I also think we could learn how fortunate we are by reading about other cultures and what they have to endure even in 2010...I've been reading books about the Middle East, novels (like A Thousand Splendid Suns) to nonfiction (Kabul in Winter). Thanks goodness, since I am female, that I was born in America instead of Afghanistan or the Congo...

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...