Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Call for Submissions: Bad Hair Days, Travel and On Being a Stupid Kid

If you're looking for something to do during the sizzling days of summer, here are some submission call outs with red hot deadlines in July and August:

Yesterday I received an e-mail from Linda Fisher, publisher of Mozark Press, reminding me about the deadline for the Shaker of Margaritas: Bad Hair Day anthology. I'm not sure I can get something together by then, but maybe some of my visitors can. Here are the details:

The deadline is July 15. Linda is looking for humorous fiction stories about a bad hair day, "one of those days when things don’t go according to plan; in fact, it is as horrible as a bad perm or hair that turns green—unintentionally. Things go wrong, but with humor, stubbornness, and attitude—the female protagonist can survive any kind of bad hair day."

Approximately 20-25 stories will be selected for the anthology and will be paid $20 upon publication. For submissions guidelines visit the "Bad Hair Day" page on http://www.mozarkpress.blogspot.com/ or http://www.mozarkpress.com/
***

Last week in the comment section on my post about the Chicken Soup for the Soul dispute settlement, Dahlynn McKowen, editor of Publishing Syndicate, issued this invitation to my visitors:

". . . I have created a competing anthology -- "Not Your Mother's Book...[subtitle]." It's a new anthology for a new century and I invite you and your fans to submit stories! http://www.publishingsyndicate.com/ Thanks!"

The August 1 deadlines are for: On Travel and On Being a Stupid Kid. Here's a link to the submission guidelines  where you can also read details about compensation options.

9 comments:

  1. So many submission opportunities, so little time!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of Not Your Mother's... stories simmering on the back burner. They should be almost ready. I let them marinate for a while before they even hit the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat,
    Exactly! There aren't enough hours . . .

    Hi Val,
    Good for you. As my mom would say, "Now you're cooking with some grease."

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Bad Hair Day? I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Linda would love to get a submission from a man.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing these. I'm thinking about what I might submit. The topics are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad Hair Day - boy, could I write a tale about that. Instead, I'll be writing blog posts. And that's OK :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Juliann,
    You are welcome.

    Hi Carol,
    You are so right.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Old School Treasures in Missouri

If you look up the definition of "old school" in the Merriam-Webster dictionary, you will find "characteristic or evocative o...