David, or Kirk as many of us call him, is an award-winning poet, novelist, short-story writer, storyteller, Templar, fiddler, and frequent wearer of kilts.
Tanka Moments: A Man's Journey, published by High Hill Press, is his latest published work.
Packed in the slim volume are 265 tanka and dozens of haunting illustrations, which capture the essence of the book. The tone of poems ranges from playful to serious, uplifting to thought-provoking, romantic to down-to-earth.
If you would like to win a copy of Kirk's poetry book, here's what you need to do:
* Leave a comment
* About your favorite poet or poem or your thoughts on poetry
* Between today and April 20th
* Be sure to include an e-mail address so I can contact you if you win
* I will pick one name at random from all who leave comments.
* Winner will be announced on or around April 21
Good luck, and Happy Poetry Month!