Monday, September 6, 2010

September Lessons

Since the beginning of September I've learned and re-learned a few things I thought I'd share with you all:

1. Do not go to the post office at 11 a.m. on a Saturday morning.

2. Do not go to the post office the day before a long weekend.

3. It is easy to misinterpret what is said in an e-mail.

4. WordPress hates me. No matter how many times I try to post comments they usually don't show up.

5. A good friend is a blessing.

6. A good friend who is a writer and who understands you is a double blessing.

7. Getting together with writing friends is relaxing--and invigorating.

8. Book signings are fun.

9. Book signings at bars are more fun. (See photo above of Bill Mueller, Lou Turner, and Michael Flynn at the Boom Boom Room in St. Charles.)

10. Buying books at book signings to give as gifts helps writers succeed and makes the friends who receive them very happy.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've passed along these gems of writing wisdom learned...now if you could just pass along one of those book signings at a bar. :-)

    (Congrats on the Christmas CS! Two books in the deal, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things are good to know. :) Although the WordPress thing, I am sure that it misunderstands you. You're too nice to be hated.
    Happy Monday,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The night at the Boom Boom Room WAS fun! I'm sorry I only saw you as I was leaving.

    Wordpress hates me, too. I tried to make a comment several times and could not. (They want me to set up a blog using them. Too late for that!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice,uplifting post...made me feel good to think of writing friends even though I have not been able to write lately. I am glad to know my online St. Louis Writing Sistas...they keep me going! I must get back at it...soon....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna!! All I have to say is: DITTO! And, you are even a better writer friend because you didn't post any photos of ME from that book signing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna,
    Great top ten list. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy,
    The book signing at the bar was a first, and hopefully not the last.
    Thanks. I'm excited about the CS Christmas books.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    Aww thanks. You are so kind.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sioux,
    Yep. Sorry we couldn't chat. I missed the reading part of the program but was there for the Q&A and signing--oh, and a little drinking (just one cause I was driving).
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claudia,
    Thanks. Isn't it great to have friends all over?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky,
    Just wait till your book signing. Mah haaa haaa haaa.
    And some of the photos might show up on the SW website if I can ever find time to update it.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...