Wednesday, June 12, 2013
How Sweet it Is
Thank you, Lynn Obermoeller, at Present Letters for giving me this sweet award several days ago.
Sorry I didn't post about it sooner, but I received it just before I left to go out of town and am just now catching up with my posts.
With accepting this award, I'm supposed to do the following:
Thank the Super Sweet Blogger who nominated me. (Thank you, Lynn.)
Answer Five Super Sweet questions. (See my answers below.)
Include the Super Sweet Blogging award image in my blog post. (Done.)
Nominate a baker's dozen other bloggers. (Since by now just about all the bloggers I know have received this award, I invite any of my visitors who have not received this award to please accept it with my compliments.)
Here are the super sweet questions and my answers:
1. Cookies or Cake? Angel food cake with strawberries on top. But chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies also make my tummy smile.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate - dark. My mouth waters just thinking about dark chocolate molasses puffs and Mounds bars. I also like chocolate chip ice cream.
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? Gosh. My answer depends on the time of the year, so I'll answer by the four seasons: Spring: Strawberry shortcake. Summer: Lemon meringue pie. Fall: Pumpkin bread. Winter: Christmas cookies and hot chocolate. All year long: licorice.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? In the evening after dinner. Also when I'm driving, I like to gnaw on strawberry Twizzlers.
5. Sweet Nickname? Dudley. My husband gave me that nickname early in our marriage, which is a smushing together of my first name Donna and my maiden name Duly.
How about you? What are your favorite sweet treats? And do you have a nickname?
Photo, Oct 17 Sasee Magazine "Melodies and Memories" Cover Artist: Mike Daneshi If you're curious how a nineteen-yea...
St. Louis Civil War Roundtable On the last day of November, I accompanied my writing friend and critique group member, Pat Wahler, acr...
Boonville author Judy Stock, editor and publisher of the Rock Springs Review , has recently announced she is accepting manuscripts for an an...
As I reflect on my role as contest chair for the 2016 OCW contests, I've learned a few lessons. It was rewarding, and at times challe...