Monday, November 26, 2012

Cyber Monday Submission Opportunities - Well Versed and Chicken Soup

When I opened my e-mail this morning I was overwhelmed by the notices about Cyber Monday sales offering fantastic deals--and free shipping. Of course, I get these e-mails the day after I ordered something on line and paid $8 in shipping costs. Oh, well. I should've known better.

Rather than selling anything, I thought I'd share some submission opportunities I've run across lately.

The deadline for Well Versed, the anthology put out by the Columbia Chapter of the Missouri Writers' Guild, has been extended until December 30. Linda Fisher, the editor of Well Versed, does an excellent job selecting submissions and producing a professional anthology. I'm not just saying that because two of my essays appeared in the last issue of Well Versed--well, maybe I am just a little--but the anthology is a worthy project. Here are the submission guidelines.

Chicken Soup for the Soul has several calls for submission, ranging from Devotionals for Women, to Holiday Stories, even Messages from Heaven. Several of my visitors have been published in Chicken Soup (even me) so we all know what a wonderful anthology the editors produce. So, if submitting to Chicken Soup is your cup of tea (talk about a mixed metaphor), check out their Possible Book Topic page for details.

Good luck if you submit!

If you have any submission opportunities to share, feel free to post about them in the Comments section.

13 comments:

  1. We are coming into such a busy season, but I have a whole folder of notes on my desk that grows while waiting for attention. They are like a bushel of tomatoes sitting there waiting to be worked up. I shouldn't wait too long, until the ideas spoil by forgetting what I was going to do with them. Soon I must "process" the fruits of my mind and have something to show for it other than a pile of sticky notes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia,
      I'm with you on this being a busy season. I barely have time to post on my blog. Love your tomato analogy and your new photo!
      Happy writing, and watch out for those sticky notes.
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Donna--This is marvelous news, because I had a piece that I was going to submit, I got immersed in NaNo, and thought I had missed out. Now, thanks to you, I know I still might have a chance.

    Thank you, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on getting myself back into submission mode. Thanks for the heads up!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your mixed metaphor.

    It sounds like Bookie might have some tomato Soup sitting on her desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sioux,
    Good for you for tackling NaNo. You are a brave woman.

    Hi Pat,
    You are welcome. Good luck if you submit!

    Hi Val,
    You are too kind. Tomato soup sounds good to me on a cold evening like tonight.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna, thanks for sharing the info. Here's a contest I just remembered. It's from WOW-Women on Writing, their Fall Contest. The deadline this THIS FRIDAY, NOV 30th! Just copy and paste the link below for all the info.
    http://www.wow womenonwriting.com/downloads/contests/WOWContestTermsFAQsFall2012.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna - Thanks for the reminder to check up on Chicken Soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sally,
    Thanks. Thanksgiving was fun. I have much to be thankful for. Hope your holidays are blessed.

    Hi Lisa,
    You are welcome. Good luck if you enter.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, speaking of Chicken Soup, I was at Krogers today and looked through the books while waiting on a prescription. The Christmas Chicken Soup book was there with your story in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet,
      Very cool. Thanks for letting me know.
      Donna

      Delete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...