Thursday, October 8, 2009

Zero Ducats Seeking Submissions

Today in St. Peters, MO: Rain and thunderstorms, high 61 degrees.

I'm always looking for markets I've never heard of before for my blog. My writing friend Julie is a goldmine for markets and submission opportunities. She recently forwarded an e-mail about a submission opportunity from Zero Ducats, which is now accepting submissions for its 2nd issue. Zero Ducats is both a print and online journal of poetry and flash fiction, comprised entirely of recycled and pilfered materials and distributed for free. There is nothing subtle about the photo (left) on their submission page. I guess they are seriously seeking submissions.

3 comments:

  1. I love writing flash fiction, but I'm a little scared to submit to this market...what will happen to me if I send something they don't like? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,
    Yikes! I hadn't thought of that. Hope they don't clobber folks who submit stuff they don't like. To get more writers to submit, maybe they should have a kinder, gentler motto such as: "If you don't submit, we will won't hit."
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never fear, ladies!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/43718483@N07/4024170881/

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...