Monday, August 3, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Essay Contest from Random House

Today's weather for St. Peters, MO: Mostly sunny, high 91 degrees.

Here's a fun, no-entry-fee essay contest from Random House. Write an essay of no more than 450 words describing your favorite book and what it taught you about a specific place, event or period of time. Eight Grand Prize winners will have their essay posted on this website for one year, AND will receive one copy of THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY signed by co-author Annie Barrows! Contest ends August 31st, 2009. Click on link for official rules.

This isn't an easy decision for me. I'm not sure I have just one favorite book.

4 comments:

  1. Do you think choosing a Random House title would be an advantage, or that a non-Random House title would be a disadvantage???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! I would hope it wouldn't matter who published the book, but who knows?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wonderful contest, Donna! You always post the best "stuff" for us writers....I agree with you, too....who has ONE favorite book? Guess we'll just have to choose one and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky,
    Thanks for your kind words. I try to keep my blog content fresh and interesting, and several writing friends always send me cool "stuff" which I have to share.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...