Friday, August 28, 2009

The Ultimate Series Seeking Submission

Forecast for St. Peters, MO: Mostly cloudy, high 80 degrees.

Last month I attended an event at a local library. One of the speakers told the audience about HCI books and a pending call for submissions. The speaker led us through a brainstorming exercise to generate ideas for The Ultimate Bird Lover's book. I scratched out some thoughts about my late father's fascination with birds and even came up with a title, "Backyard Birdwatcher."
Unfortunately, life intruded on my good intentions of writing the essay. When I visited the website I found out I had missed the deadline. My website visit wasn't a wasted effort because I found another call-out for submissions for The Ultimate Christian Living book. Around the same time, I read a blog post about the same call-out on Cathy C. Hall's blog. Coincidence? Maybe.
So, I thought I would share the call-out for submissions with my blog visitors. Publishers are looking for "personal, true stories by and about Christians whose lives have been impacted by their faith." The deadline is October 19. The compensation rates are decent. Even if the Christian Living book isn't something you want to submit to, you can sign up with HCI to receive information about pending deadlines on other planned titles.

2 comments:

  1. I could use a little brainstorming help for that Christian Living book...why do y'all get all the good speakers up there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,
    Brainstorming definitely helps--at least it does for me.
    We are truly grateful for the good speakers who visit Saturday Writers.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...