Monday, August 10, 2009

My Essay Accepted by Blue Mountain Arts for Irish Inspirations Anthology

Today's forecast for St. Peters, MO: High 90 degrees, chance of thunderstorms.

It might be hot outside, but I'm feeling pretty cool today after the letter and contract I got in the mail on Saturday. My essay, "Coming Home," has been accepted by Blue Mountain Arts for an anthology tentatively titled Irish Inspirations. You can't see me right now, but I'm doing a happy dance--make than an Irish jig--or maybe a reel. My contract didn't specify a publication date, but I'll keep you all posted. The letter mentioned Blue Mountain Arts is seeking greeting card writers. Click on the link for details.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats, Donna! Look forward to reading the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Donna. I am so thrilled for you.
    B. Hodges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat and Barbara,
    Thanks for your kind words of support and encouragement.
    This morning I called the editorial department with a couple questions about the contract and was told that in addition to getting paid $$, I will also receive two complimentary copies of the anthology upon publication. So, I'm excited about that, too.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Donna! That is fantastic!! I've always loved Blue Mountain Arts greeting cards and have spent quite a few bucks over the years on them. What a great anthology to be published in! Congrats and I'm doing the Happy Dance along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Donna. Always nice to hear of anyone's successes. I have entered some of BMA's poetry contests, but never had luck there. Glad to hear you had some good response. Be sure and post when it is published. CM in MO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky and Bookie,
    Thanks for your words of support.
    According to their website they have a market for greeting card writers.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing a jig for you, too, if you count my little feet tapping under the desk! Great news, Donna! Can't wait to hear more details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy,
    Thanks. I signed the contract and mailed it to back the publisher, so my check should arrive some time this month. I'm hoping the anthology will be published by Christmas, or St. Pat's Day.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...