Friday, July 31, 2009

Rio Grande Review Seeks Submissions

Today's forecast for St. Peters, MO: A glorious Friday--mostly sunny, high 81 degrees.

The Rio Grande Review, a non-profit bilingual publication run by students of the MFA in Creative Writing at The University of Texas at El Paso, is looking for submissions for its Fall 2009 issue. They accept writing of all kinds, including (but not limited to): fiction, poetry, non-fiction, translations, flash fiction, screenplays, memoirs, interviews, etc. The Fall 2009 magazine is open to all topics and genres. Payment is two contributor copies. Electronic submissions preferred.

Visit their submissions page for complete details, including how they select texts. Here's their Million Dollar Question: Would you keep reading this story after the first page if you didn’t have to?

Personal note: While living and working in El Paso in the mid-80s and finishing up my Bachelor of Science Degreee, I took a two-semester English literature class on-site at Fort Bliss. The professor who taught these classes also taught English at UTEP. I don't remember her name, but she introduced me to Flannery O'Connor and Katherine Anne Porter, two of my favorite short story writers. She also gave me an "A" in each of her two classes. I have many reasons to be grateful to her.

Thanks to Julie E. for sending me the link to the Rio Grande Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...