Friday, December 16, 2011

Reading Roundup II - Some Favorite YA Books for 2011

In Reading Roundup I earlier this week I shared a list of recommended adult books I've read in 2012. If you have a young adult on your Christmas list --- or you enjoy reading young adult books --- and are thinking of giving them a book as a gift, here's a list of some I've read this year that you might want to check out. You can find reviews of these books on Teenreads.com

BETWEEN by Jessica Warman is a fascinating ghost story with a haunting message. From the cover to the last page, this is a memorable book. Highly recommended.


LEGEND by Marie Lu is an intriguing futuristic thriller with touches of romance.

MERCY by Rebecca Lim is an intelligent, supernatural mystery with touches of romance and suspense.

STRINGS ATTACHED by Judy Blundell is an elegantly written story of courage, sacrifice, neglect, redemption and the brutal power of secrets to shape and ruin lives.

THE ANTI-PROM by Abby McDonald gives a glimpse into the dark side of the glitz, glitter and glamour of prom night, the perennial American teenage right of passage.

Next week I'll post my recommendations for children's books.

5 comments:

  1. As a SCBWI member, I'm always on the lookout for good YA books. Thanks for these. I'll add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    You are welcome. I think you'll enjoy them. After becoming a book reviewer I've grown to appreciate children's and YA literature. It's some of the best written and in many cases overlooked literature on the market.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. More books to add to my reading list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Donna! I already have a few of these on my TBR list. :)

    I recently read an excellent YA book called EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS by A.S. King. I love to read YA. Now, if only I could write it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn,
    You are welcome. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    Hi Madeline,

    You are welcome. And thanks for the recommendation for EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS. I've seen that one mentioned on a few blogs. I need to check it out.

    Merry Christmas and a joyful New Year to you and yours.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...