Hope you all enjoy this one. Here's the deal:
Yesterday I attended a bridal shower. One of the games was a modified version of 20 questions. The bride (Kaitlin) was read a list of questions about the groom (Kyle) and given a time limit to answer. For every answer she got right she got applause; for every answer she got wrong she had to chew a piece of bubble gum.
Some of the questions she answered quickly: What is his favorite color? Where was your first date? Others took awhile to answer, or the bride answered them incorrectly. Who is his favorite cartoon character? What super power would he like to have? By the end of the game she had a mouthful of bubble gum, which made for a lot of laughs and some cute photos.
The game yesterday got me thinking about how as a non-fiction writer facts and accuracy are critical. But as a fiction writer, making stuff up is more fun.
So, today I'm hosting a contest with 10 questions about me. The answers will be true or false, except for #6 and #10, which are fill-in-the blank.
Prizes: Winner will receive a signed copy of a book from my collection, a critique of a story or an essay (up to 2500 words), and drum roll-- please: a pack of bubble gum.
Now for the 10 questions:
1. I am the middle child of seven children.
2. When I was 50 I sailed the Greek islands with two men.
3. My mother was a model.
4. I've never eaten a peanut butter sandwich.
5. I drink at least three cups of coffee a day.
6. My favorite short story writer is _______________.
7. I've been to China.
8. My father was born in Hannibal.
9. Just like Arnold Schwarzenegger, my husband is an Austrian immigrant.
10. If I could have a super power it would be __________________.
The winner's name and correct answers will be posted on Aug 16. In case of a tie, names of those with the most correct answers will be put into a hat and one name will be selected at random. Judge's decision is final.
Hope these questions give you all something to chew on. Have fun, and good luck!