Friday, September 25, 2009

Decatur Public Library Annual Writing Contest - Deadline Today

Today in St. Peters, MO: Chance of showers, high 75 degrees.

Yesterday I e-mailed several writing friends asking for names of writing competitions for a spreadsheet I am compiling. Next month I'm going to speak to the Writers Society of Jefferson County, and the president asked me to include a list of contests as part of my talk. So, I sent out an e-mail asking for contest suggestions. Doyle Suit, a writing friend and critique group member, sent me information about a few contests, including one with a short deadline --- today --- that I thought I'd share with you all.

So, if you have a manuscript or poem polished and ready to be sent off, or if you like working under quick deadlines, the Decatur Public Library's Annual Writing Contest is for you! The entry fee is only $3 per submission, and they have five categories--essay, fiction, juveline fiction, rhymed poetry, and unrhymed poetry. If you enter and win something, let me know and I will post about it on my blog. Good luck, and don't forget to include an SASE for results!

I love the motto for their library, "Where you go to know."

2 comments:

  1. I'm fast, but I'm not that fast :-)

    (But I AM busy thinking and will send contest info soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,
    Thanks. I'm getting lots of great leads from writing friends like you. I appreciate it!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V - Interviews with Lonnie Whitaker and Dr. Barri Bumgarner

Here is the second installment of interviews with contributors who have stories in Mysteries of the Ozarks, Volume V , from Ozark Writers, I...